What's a Brain Wave?

ken collins kenpc at banet.net
Tue Apr 20 22:25:53 EST 1999

the rythms... all of them... occur as a result of the "ratchet-pawling"
dynamics that are discussed in AoK, Ap5.

of course, the activation "states" of all subsystems within the global
system enter into the tuning of the ratchet-pawling dynamics... (see
the early sections of AoK, Ap5 for the integration mechanisms) a decrease
in the quantity of reticular (non-specific) activation =must= show up
as a "slowing" of the "normal" waking waveform, simply be-cause
reduced non-specific activation results in the r-p dynamics converging
less-rapidly... this's also why there's the sensation of slowing of "time"
as one experiences going "faint" (as when one arises from a prolonged
reclined position too-rapidly).

ken collins

[p. s. forgive me for "butting in"... on days like today, i have to throw
myself into my work just to maintain life within me.]