cerebral lateralisation and psychedelic drugs - request for info...

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 21 21:00:43 EST 1999

In <7flg2d$75e$1 at news8.svr.pol.co.uk> "helen"
<lava at volcano1.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

>does anyone have any information on the effect of psychedelic drugs in
terms
>of cerebral laterialisation? i'm specificically interested in chasing
up a
>reference that i found some time ago (tho now lost) about the effects
of LSD
>on commissurotnomy patients.
>
>any suggestions of where to look/if such research exists would be
greatly
>appreciated.
>
>cheers
>
>julian Vayne

I don't have any specific information, but here is an approach you
might try: look into cerebral neurochemical lateralization.  Stanley
Glick (a student of mine, long, loong ago) has done a lot of work in
this area.  As I recall, he has looked chiefly at hemispheric
asymmetries of dopamine and acetylcholine, but he may have looked at
5HT also, which might be more relevant (at least to LSD).

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group