School Shootings & Psychoactive Drugs

Malcolm McMahon malcolm at pigsty.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 16:20:54 EST 1999

On 22 Apr 99 03:06:19 GMT, uj797 at victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray)
wrote:

>4.  The Republican gun-lobby stranglehold on American politics
>ensures that when some Ritalin-crazed kid or Prozac zombie wants
>to shoot your child dead in the cafeteria, your child will die.

What always gets me is the way that Americans always seem to say
something along the lines of "It's OK for people to have guns if they
know how to handle them." If these kids didn't know how to handle guns
that would cut the casualties.

As to the Jock/Nerd divide that's hardly peculiarly American or by eny
means new.