OT - School Shootings & Psychoactive Drugs

blades at novagate.com blades at novagate.com
Thu Apr 22 06:37:47 EST 1999

Adult drunks kill far more with cars than kids with guns.. Should we
outlaw cars, adults, or drunks?? And do laws determine behavior anyway?
We already have laws against shooting people so I guess laws don't do the
job.  If we take guns from honest citizens, only the criminals will have
them.  You can't sensibly structure a society to totally eliminate
crazies.

Do outcasts create themselves, or are they the result of interactions
with the 'in' groups?

But I agree that the government has abandoned the "public" airwaves to
private commercial interests which appeal to the lower common
denominators.. paranoia, revenge, simplistic white hats/black hats,
senseationalist crap.

I'm totally opposed to censorship for adults, but totally in favor of
restricting what is publicly available to children.  Some one has to have
some sense because parents don't seem to want to control what their
children are exposed to.

Oh yeah, and banning political ads from television would return the
political process to citizens, taking it from the big money interests who
dominate the process today.

New millenia.. possibly new solutions.