School Shootings & Psychoactive Drugs

Malcolm McMahon malcolm at pigsty.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 03:19:17 EST 1999

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:59:47 +0000, "W.E. 'Bill' Goodrich, PhD"
<bgoodric at filebank.com> wrote:

>Take a look at the OTHER popular media of that period. Especially
>such things as comic books. And by the time Television took hold,
>Radio was host to some spectacularly violent "crime dramas" and the
>like.

What seems to be absolutely constant over time is the way adults are
astonished by the bad behaviour of children and blame it on whatever the
latest trend in childrens' entertainment happens to be at the time.
Socrates, I gather, wrote a piece on how the children of today have no
respect.

I'm affraid these school shooting are simply a particularly serious
"fad". The first got so much publicity it's put the idea into a lot of
minds.

I guess we'd all like to leave a footprint or two on the sands of time.
Said sands have been trampled so hard that explosives start to look like
the only way of making an impression.