School Shootings & Psychoactive Drugs

Brent J. Landkammer pukeland at moscow.com
Fri Apr 23 16:53:14 EST 1999

I would have a hard time believing that statistic.  The reason for the violence is fairly simple: criminals generally hurt people in the pursuit of their goals.  I'm talking about psychopaths.  Please refer to Dr. Stanton Samenow, Inside the Criminal Mind, and Before It's Too Late.  It's an interesting observation on Dr. Samenow's part that, although perhaps 100 million or more U.S. adolescents are exposed to this constant barrage of media violence, only a small percentage (perhaps 3 to 5%)engage in violence.  Especially extreme violence.  His contention is that these people are criminals who victimize people.  The media violence has just given them some ideas they may not have come up with previously.