Recommendations for a good neuroanatomy book

John M Price PhD jmprice at web1.calweb.com
Sat Apr 24 17:52:05 EST 1999

Try to find Kandel, Schwartz & Jessell, Principles of Neural Science.  It
is more physiology, but where needed, the anatomy is there.  It is pretty
indepth for the level of course you are talking about here, though.

Martin has one that seems ok, HUman Neuroanatomy, of course. But my
favorite is the Carpenter & Sutton, human Neuroanatomy, which I think
stopped at its eighth edition.

In bionet.neuroscience article <37220490.F0E4A490 at worldnet.att.net> Ty Cumby <mc-wa at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
: I am writing a research paper on pain as a necessary warning system for
: my AP Jr. English class in High School and I need to find a good
: neuroanatomy book. My local library system has none that are useful and
: I have no friends in college that can check one out there. The book
: needs to be $50 or less due to my limited funds.

: Any recommendations are appreciated,
: Koji

--
John M. Price, PhD                                     jmprice at calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling!   |   PGP Key on request or by finger!

I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice
whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own
homes, but it is necessary to protect the young and innocent.
         - Arthur C. Clarke