Recommendations for a good neuroanatomy book

Eric eric at GRUVER.NET
Sat Apr 24 13:20:13 EST 1999

Ty Cumby wrote:

> I am writing a research paper on pain as a necessary warning system for
> my AP Jr. English class in High School and I need to find a good
> neuroanatomy book. My local library system has none that are useful and
> I have no friends in college that can check one out there. The book
> needs to be $50 or less due to my limited funds.
>
> Any recommendations are appreciated,
> Koji

Try an interlibrary loan.

You should get several excellent suggestions of books from this list.
Using that list, go down to your local library and ask the librarian
to locate those books through an interlibrary loan.  Most, if not
all, of the books on the list should be available from somewhere in
your state.  The checkout period is usually 30 days and you cannot
renew them.  Your only charge will be postage which should work out
to between one and two dollars per book.

It's not very difficult for the libarians to do this if you provide
the author and the title.  They just send the request to a larger
library in the area who handles the job of locating the book.

Eric Johnson