School Shootings & Psychoactive Drugs

ken collins kenpc at banet.net
Sat Apr 24 01:36:41 EST 1999

Eric wrote:

> ken collins wrote:
> >
> > virtually all youngsters play variations  of "hide-and-seek", and
> > some of these ("cowboys and Indians", and "army" games, etc.)
> > have a sinister side... what seems recent to me are 1. the decline
> > in the age of onset of the realization of the violence which was
> > formerly nothing more than a testing of wits to see who could
> > best meet the challenge of the "hide-and-seek" game... where it
> > was a college student in the Texas bell tower, it's now high and
> > junior high schoolers, and 2. the magnitude of the violence.
>
> Is there a bell up there?

i should've said just "tower".

> I thought that Charles Whitman's problems were more likely
> due to the affects of his undiagnosed brain tumor rather than
> some so-called "game" that got out of control.

it makes no difference... organic stuff "just" elevates TD E/I,drug
abuse "just" elevates TD E/I, social disorder "just"
elevates TD E/I, lack of loving guideance of the Children
"just" elevates TD E/I, and so forth, within all things Human...

...elevated TD E/I, is elevated TD E/I... the only difference in
instances of organic damage is that the global TD E/I most
likely has  external observables that're correlated with the
site of the organic damage within the neural topology. one
can pay exclusive attention to these external observables,
but such doesn't "magically" eliminate the fact that the
organic deficit elevates TD E/I throughout the nervous
system. alcohol, and other widely-abused drugs also have
external observables, so do all forms of interpersonal
conflict and harrassment... but all such elevates TD E/I
globally.

...the consequences of "dismissing" this reality are
the same consequences of dismissing one's Humanity.

K. P. Collins