Genetics and corpus calusum

John M Price PhD jmprice at web1.calweb.com
Sat Apr 24 17:56:59 EST 1999

Don't know, but I doubt it.  I'd think the differences, if really
reliable, would be due to intrauterine influences, such as, say the kid's
testosterone.  I also think Y is too small to have much on it.  Not that
that means a lot.

That said, about 1:20,000 males are XX with the TDF gene havinf hopped to
an homologous spot on the X chromosome.  They are sterile, as some sperm
stuff is on the Y and only on the Y, but nonetheless that population is
there.  I don't know if anyone has looked at the callosum.   They are,
though, really male, since all the tissues responded to the testicles that
the TDF started.

In bionet.neuroscience article <7fo98t$2f0m$1 at piglet.cc.uic.edu> teeker <pgupta3 at uic.edu> wrote:
:     Well this is the first time that I am posting to teh news group.  It is
: a question that is really bugging.  In females where the 23rd chromosone is
: an XX the corpus calosum is larger than a male with an XY.  That being the
: case would it feasible to say that there might be a realtion with Y
: chromosone and the corpus calosum.  Well if that were the case then people
: having the 23rd chromosone will havve even a smaller corpus calosum then the
: normal male XY.
:     Could someone give some information whether there has been any resaerch
: in this area.  If so where could I find it.

: Thank you

--
John M. Price, PhD                                     jmprice at calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling!   |   PGP Key on request or by finger!

       Little by little, we subtract
       Faith and fantasy from fact,
       The illusory from the true,
       And starve upon the residue.