corpus collosum cut

DWeis80196 dweis80196 at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 22:48:06 EST 1999

     Does anyone know if patients ever experience enhancement of any ability
after the corpus callosum is cut?  I realize in most individuals both
hemispheres are involved in most complex tasks, but I wondered if at any time
one hemisphere inhibited more than it helped the other.

     I know Asperger's syndrome patients seem to have a larger percentage of
individuals with certain special talents than the population at large, but I
don't know if this is just because 'extra' neurons may be available where
certain functions are absent or if other systems actually inhibet certain
operations at times.

                                                              David Weisman