School Shootings & Psychoactive Drugs

ken collins kenpc at banet.net
Sat Apr 24 21:40:58 EST 1999

ken collins wrote:

[...]

> ...elevated TD E/I, is elevated TD E/I... the only difference in
> instances of organic damage is that the global TD E/I most
> likely has  external observables that're correlated with the
> site of the organic damage within the neural topology. one
> can pay exclusive attention to these external observables,
> but such doesn't "magically" eliminate the fact that the
> organic deficit elevates TD E/I throughout the nervous
> system. alcohol, and other widely-abused drugs also have
> external observables, so do all forms of interpersonal
> conflict and harrassment... but all such elevates TD E/I
> globally.

you see, Folks, the "TD" in "TD E/I" correlates with the
rigorous mappings of the external environment into the
nervous system, of the motor "system" back out to the
environment, and all the internal mapping that cross-
correlates the two.

...the "TD" [topologically-distributed] leaves nothing
"amorphous"... it does just the opposite... course,
there's all of Neuroanatomy in-there.

each TD E/I(up) has information-processing throughout
the nervous system. the TD E/I(up) that occurs as a
result of environmental inputs, for instance, has its
topological mapping preserved while it, simultaneously,
becomes merged with global TD E/I. it is because every-
thing gets "translated" into this one TD E/I global
"language", which preserves all of the topological
mapping, that nervous systems can so easily prioritize,
their decision making... the thing that's generating
the greatest TD E/I automatically gains the greatest
degree of "attention" within the nervous system, simply
be-cause nervous systems are "engineered" to "strive"
minimize TD E/I... if, because of persistent environmental
dynamics, TD E/I cannot be minimized, then the nervous
system "attends" to the environmental corelates of
the TD E/I(up)... this, via simple TD E/I minimization,
results in the nervous system's (the organism's) gaining
experience ("learning") with respect to the environmental
correlates of the TD E/I(up)... and as the TD E/I
minimization mechanisms automatically minimize TD E/I
with respect to the environmental correlates, the
organism becomes increasingly capable of performing
work upon the environmental correlates of the orignial
persistent TD E/I(up). as such efficiency (which is all
"just" TD E/I minimization) increases, the new behaviors
acquired tend to enable the nervous system (the
organism) to "understand" the TD E/I(up) generator,
and overcome its capacity for generating TD E/I(up).

it's all very-simple, and all thoroughly-substantiated
via the proven Neuroscience experimental results.

...if the understanding was generally held, i'd not've
been able to say that (paraphrase) "it makes no
difference, organic or evironmental, it's all 'just'
TD E/I... for, without the understanding, folks routinely
inflict "environment" upon others which is as deleterious,
and as persistent, as are instances of organic damage.

...so, without the understanding, while folks abdicate
Choice to the autopilot within, it's all "just" TD E/I.

...which is why the need for the understanding is so
pressing.

...without it, folks are relegated to the whims of the
"Beast", Abstract Ignorance (the absence of an understanding
of how nervous systems process information automatically
within nervous systems which, nevertheless, process
information automatically.

the consequences of such are as in Littleton and in
"Yugoslavia", and myriad other places, including
all the blind "striving" that climbs upon the backs
of innocents in the name of "profits".

K. P. Collins