School Shootings & Psychoactive Drugs

ken collins kenpc at banet.net
Sun Apr 25 20:56:30 EST 1999

fixed typo:

ken collins wrote:

[...]

> each TD E/I(up) has information-processing throughout
> the nervous system.

should've been:

each TD E/I(up) has (topologically-mapped] information-processing
correlates throughout the nervous system.

further comments:

it all works be-cause the rigorously-preserved topological
mapping is biased away from TD E/I(up).

noxious stimulation generates TD E/I(up).

all the nervous system has to do to minimize noxious stimulation
is to "strive" to achieve TD E/I(min).

but there's a "tragic flaw" in-there that can only be overcome
via an understanding of how nervous systems process
information... because nervous systems do automatically "strive"
to minimize TD E/I, they simultaneously imbue that which is
relatively familiar with "subjectively good" affect, and that
which is relatively unfamiliar with "subjectively bad" affect...
so when what's needed is merely unfamiliar, the way nervous
systems process information tends to automatically by-produce
behaviors that will "move away from" that which is needed.

it's an anti-survival propensity that, in an absence of
understanding of how nervous systems process information, is
in-there, and which has lead to all of "man's inhumanity to
man"... as in "Yugoslavia", Littleton, and myriad other places
throughout the course of History.

why is this "tragic flaw" in-there?

well, for one thing, if it weren't Free Will would be impossible.

what does the understanding do?

as is explained in AoK, Ap7 & 8, the understanding comes to
exist, Physically, within nervous systems, transforming the stuff
of the "tragic flaw" into volition.

K. P. Collins