A functional computer model of human or rat brain.

Matt Jones jonesmat at ohsu.edu
Thu Apr 29 12:26:17 EST 1999

In article <3728620B.91AEB728 at rabbit.if-pan.krakow.pl> Wojciech Margas,
margas at rabbit.if-pan.krakow.pl writes:
>Do anybody know about accessible functional computer models (or
>simulations) of human or rat (or any, if it exist) brain?
>I'm especially interested about models of signal pathways,
>neurotransmitters, neuromodulators, receptors, neuronal projections and
>neuronal firing. It may concern all the brain or only some structures.
>Wojtek

Some that I've been impressed with are those of Roger Traub
(conductance-based neuron models of hippocampal circuitry), Steven Zucker
(Artifical Neural Networks of visual object recognition) and Olaf Sporns
(ANNs of cortex, which are used to control the behavior of a mobile
"robot" in a physical environment).

Oh yes. And Arthur Murray, who's multilingual ascii diagrams are so ahead
of their time as to be well beyond my meager comprehension ;-)

Matt Jones