A functional computer model of human or rat brain.

Arthur T. Murray uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Apr 29 11:23:33 EST 1999

Wojciech Margas (margas at rabbit.if-pan.krakow.pl) wrote on 29 Apr 1999:

>Do anybody know about accessible functional computer models (or
>simulations) of human or rat (or any, if it exist) brain?
>I'm especially interested about models of signal pathways,
>neurotransmitters, neuromodulators, receptors, neuronal projections and
>neuronal firing. It may concern all the brain or only some structures.
>Wojtek

Greetings from Arthur with a Polish grandmother (Barbara Lemanska)!

First in English, then in Polish, here is a computer brain model:

  /^^^^^^^^^^^\ Syntax Strings Together a Thought /^^^^^^^^^^^\
 /visual memory\           ________   semantic   /  auditory   \
|      /--------|-------\ / syntax \  memory    |episodic memory|
|      |  recog-|nition | \________/------------|-------------\ |
|   ___|___     |       |     |flush-vector     |    _______  | |
|  /image  \    |     __|__  / \  _______       |   /stored \ | |
| / percept \   |    /     \/   \/ Verbs \------|--/ phonemes\| |
| \ engrams /---|---/ Nouns \    \_______/      |  \ of words/  |
|  \_______/    |   \_______/-------------------|---\_______/   |

  /^^^^^^^^^^^\          Mozg lub Rozum           /^^^^^^^^^^^\
 /  widzenie   \            ________             /  slyszenie  \
|      /--------|-------\  /  mysl  \   powrot  |   (pamiec)    |
| /  obraz  \---|---/        \/   \/czasownik \-|--/  slowo  \| |
--
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/mind.html