Estrogen and Nerves Question ?

Etaoin Shrdlu cooper17.spamless at xs4all.nl
Sat May 20 06:14:22 EST 2000

"Bob" <rgsrose at tiac.net> wrote in message
news:8g3vif$djj at news-central.tiac.net...
> Hello:
> Would be most grateful for any thoughts on the following:
>
> Have there been any studies linking nerve function(s)[not brain] to
estrogen
> or the lack thereof ?
>
> Also, any knowledge about muscle strength and potential muscle fiber
> breakage linked to estrogen or lack thereof ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob rgsrose at tiac.net

I don't have any answers for you, but I would be interested in any that
might come up to the second question. I have serious, chronic repetitive
strain injury in my forearms, and my therapist thinks that the
Depo-provera I have used for years (for contraception) might be
interfering with the healing process in my arm muscles. I'll probably be
switching to a non-hormone IUD soon, and that should (after a year or
so) reveal whether or not she's right about that, but she says that
estrogen-based contraceptives can inhibit muscle healing in some cases.
That's not specifically a strength or fiber-breakage situation, but it
is a related topic.
--Katrina