IUBio

Electronic Vision Replacement

Bubba cwhizard at icqmail.com
Wed May 24 06:31:28 EST 2000

Well actually, this work is already under way, I was hoping for an update on
the research.  I know how neuronal activity occurs.  Several years ago a
group of scientist developed a system where they could cause a man who had
been permanently blind since childhood to be able to see images that they
sent into his optic nerve.  The images where extrremely fuzzy but he could
make them out (they where simple representations of braille figures).  The
research has continued Im sure and I was hoping that it would be close at
this point to a level where implants are not too far away.

--

Like science and religion, I like to keep my beer and my
milk seperate.  Not that I have anything against beer,

Michael wrote in message <392acf9c$1 at zfree.co.nz>...

>"Bubba" <cwhizard at icqmail.com> wrote:
>>A fe years ago I heard that several scientists where working on developing
>>chips that could stimulate the human optic nerve and produce the
perception
>>of vision.  I was wondering what the state of this research is and if it
>has
>>reached medical viability.
>>
>The brain uses very small electrric charge and chemicals to 'communcate'
>with the body. a electonice devices would be able to pick up then charges
>and chemical changes. If we could use this there are many posibilities like
>artificil limbs and organs. What maybe could be done in the future is a
transmitter
>connected to the brain the transmits to a super computer. (good way to
cheat
>in exams) When a person learns things it will be stored in the super
computer
>ready to be recalled.
>If a program could be made to decode the information from brain you could
>then use your eyes as a video camera.
>
>Plese reply to Michael_nzl at hotmail.com
>
>Michael,
>

>http://www.zfree.co.nz

begin 666 Anthony Q. Bachler.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D)A8VAL97([06YT:&]N>3M1
M+ at T*1DXZ06YT:&]N>2!1+B!"86-H;&5R#0I.3U1%.B=9;W4@;F5E9'5M('!W
M96YT>2!H97=P('=I9B!H96%D+B<L('-A:60@;7D@<VAR:6YK+ at T*14U!24P[
M4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IC=VAI>F%R9$!N;RYS<&%M+FUA:6PN<V]C:V5T+F-O
D;0T*4D56.C(P,# P-3(T5#$Q,S$R.%H-"D5.1#I60T%21 T*
`
end