IUBio

question: job of a neuron

Richard Norman rsnorman at mediaone.net
Sun Sep 2 20:19:54 EST 2001

On Sun, 02 Sep 2001 19:15:31 -0400, Kalman Rubinson <kr4 at nyu.edu>
wrote:

>I suggest that you get a simple neuroscience textbook and read it.  If
>you do you will find that you will ask different questions and better
>understand the answers.

I recommend exactly the same thing.  I don't have a selection
of "introductory" books here at home with me -- one I do have is
    "The Brain Explained"
    D. Drubach
    Prentice Hall Health, 2000

Any good introductory college level biology textbook will have a
lot of valuable background on the workings of the neuron and the
organization of the brain.    You might be able to find something
suitable by visiting a University library (or bookstore).