IUBio

Wavelet answer: Re: question: job of a neuron

Wolfram remove_this!helbrecht at gmx.net
Wed Sep 5 04:37:11 EST 2001

Hello Ron,

First of all: Thanks for your mail. I fetched the page from the
web, but read it not yet.

rcb5 at msn.com ("Ron Blue") wrote:

> Single neurons are connected to other neuron via axons and dendrites, or

Are there differences in the "jobs" (if i still may use that word
in this context (and thread)) of axons and dendrites? As far as i
know - from school, several years ago, - is that dendrites act as
input sensors and axons as some sort of output. But i think,
during the years neuroscience might been exploring more about
them.

> > How can there be interference patterns if were only talking about a
> > single neuron?
> The backaction propagation wave will interfere with future wavelet
> transmissions, but neurons do not exist as a singularity but as a component
> in a greater system.  The question ultimately becomes what is the job of a
> neuron "in its system".

No. But if you want to see the "examined" neuron in a context of
other cells i would like to know, what it does with "input"
signals like pain or heat or even a triggered red "point" in the
eye.

> emit.   Regardless of the system wavelets will generate interference
> patterns with each other that is holographic in nature.  Neurons are not

So time ago i heard about "the holographic nature" ot the brain
first. As far as i know its result is that a part of the brain can
be removed, but the remaining part is (most times or always?) able
to regenerate the missing abilities.

--

best regards,
Wolfram