IUBio

axons, glial cells, dendrites ?

John H John at faraway.com.au
Tue Sep 11 07:38:51 EST 2001

1.

Neurons keep being produced well into adulthood. There are now MANY
references to this effect.

2.

Neurons are the critical elements in intelligence, the others have roles to
play but in the end in comes down to neurons.

3.

Microglia can be induced in response to stress, though not necessarily
increasing in number but in activity. This will not increase intelligence
and current thinking is that chronically activated microglia are quite
deleterious to brain health.

John.

news:e6518a1.0109102122.23ee7189 at posting.google.com...