IUBio

axons, glial cells, dendrites ?

CharlesSWaters cswaters.NOSPAM at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 11 22:32:22 EST 2001

"raden" <raden_gatutkacha at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e6518a1.0109102122.23ee7189 at posting.google.com...
> Neurons stop reproducing after infancy. But axons, dendrites, and
> glial cells--which provide electrochemical connections between
> neurons--keep growing as long as we keep learning. These
> interconnections are far more important to intelligence than the
> number of neurons in our brain
>
> Is there any way to increase axons, glial cells and dendrites ?

New brain neurons in adults
http://neuro-www.mgh.harvard.edu/forum_2/ShyDragerF/10.28.995.59PMNewbrainne
u.html

--

Cheerio,
Charles

"The Church says that the world is flat but I know that it is round for I
have seen its shadow on the moon and I have more faith in a shadow than in
the Church." - Ferdinand Magellan