IUBio

axons, glial cells, dendrites

John H John at faraway.com.au
Thu Sep 13 01:40:24 EST 2001

Read the post again, I did not say excess tryptophan hurts the brain, but
the kidneys and liver. This may take months to evolve.

The problem with pure amino acids is that these are mostly poorly absorbed
through the gut wall, so you may be spending a lot of money for little
effect.

I don't doubt it works, studies have shown that tryptophan depletion can
induce mild depression, that it works for you may suggest you are one
individual particularly susceptible to tryptophan depletion.

Be careful, that's all. Don't trust all those books claiming this
supplementation and that performs miracles. Sometimes there is a boost,
often not.

I'm not going into the over stimulation part, too long for this forum.

John. H.

Mark99 <opaque at is.private.dk> wrote in message
news:3b9fad82$0$14819$d40e179e at nntp02.dk.telia.net...
> > Be careful with tryptophan supplementation. Happened nearly two decades
> ago
> > now, but some protein supplements were found to have v. high levels of
> > tryptophan and this caused liver and kidney problems, severe problems.
Be