IUBio

Stray-thoughts about LT and ST memory.

Brian zhil at online.no
Fri Sep 21 13:19:04 EST 2001

Ok,
I thank John for the article about the CaMKIV's role in consolidating
memories.
And I also think I was on a wild goose-chase after a dendrite that didn't
look quite 'right'..........
The reason that I was looking beyound the synapses as the main
memory-storage was that memories are 3D, it includes not only vision (which
is quite demanding), but also from other senses (like smell, audial and
taste).
It seems quite incomprehensible that our brain (with it's finite weight and
dimensions) are capable of storing such vast arays of data, while it is
quite easy to etch memories on a plate of silicon in binary one's and
zero's.
Bear with me, but I don't think we have reached our goal to find the holy
grail.
It's just to simplistic.

Brian

"yan king yin" <y.k.y@(no spam please)lycos.com> skrev i melding