IUBio

seeing blue in a blue/yellow color blind person.

Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Wed Sep 26 10:13:10 EST 2001

> As far as I know, whether you see a particular color or not has to do with
> your genetics.   That is to say the amino acid sequence of  the proteins
> found in your photoreceptors.  That means that the proper quantum
> states(orbits) in your amino acid sequence is not there to absorb these
> particular wave lengths.  To try to make someone see what they can't
absorb
> should be pretty tricky endeaver indeed.  But don't stop trying.

You are correct that blue/yellow information is processed in eye and is
connected to genetics.  But remember the processed information is sent to
the visual cortex for perception.  It is possible to generate the sensation
of blue even though a person can not see it by using harmonics in wavelets
generated by a subjective color machine and standard florescent lighting.

Ron Blue
http://turn.to/ai

---