IUBio

Consciousness through the integration of disparate brain structures

Damian Brennan damian at risingsun.org
Fri Sep 28 11:31:34 EST 2001

Sometime in the past two years I read an article discussing a theory as to
how the brain integrates the senses, memory and thought processes into what
we describe as consciousness. The mechanism described was a section of the
brain that emits, what was described as, a pulse at a consistent interval.
That pulse essentially polls the various structures and somehow combines the
information.

I have been unable to chase down the article and I am not sure as to whether
it was an article in a science journal, newspaper science section or a book
review.

Any help?

Damian Brennan
dbrennan at bu.edu