IUBio

muscle re-innervation ? what's my chance?

demetris dss28 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 17:10:50 EST 2002

Hi
Peripheral nerves can regenrate - slowly -  if they were crushed and not
severed which as i understand happened to u..However i am not aware in
cases of such longterm compression...but if the overal nerve sheath is
intanct then thats the most imp bit, as thats what the neurons need to
guide them to the muscle.Dont know that there is much u can do besides
waiting..but best ask your doctor bout that.... a vit. B complx supplement
is very good for nerve repair/regrowth so that might be an option...

Hope it works out ok!
Demetris