IUBio

why study neurology?

yan king yin (dont spam) y.k.y at lycos.com
Sat Jan 12 16:17:43 EST 2002

"Brian" <zhil at online.no>
> [...] And I still think that increased growth of CREB-1 is the best way to
> achieve better memories.

Hello Brain -- Happy neu year =)

There is a current theory that says SP=M (synaptic plasticity = memory), but
CREB-1 is not the only form of plasticity in neurons. There could be other
forms.

How do you know you're actually enhancing memory rather than just inter-
-fering with it?

Anyways Im still reading the primers on memory and CREB so I cant say
much for now.

I have read of some other drugs that enhance memory in animal experiments
(I dont have the article at hand) but there could be trade-offs in other
functions.