On 8 Feb 2003 22:05:43 -0800, nordskoven at yahoo.com (nordskoven) wrote:
>It's great to have full-spectrum lighting. There is a cell mass in the
>eye (discovered by a famous time-lapse photographer for Disney) that
>tunes our hormone production to the quality and quantity of light.
>There are cheap full-spectrum incandescent lights at virtually every
>health food store. Fabric stores also sell a full-spectrum light, but
>who needs the flicker of neon?
>>There are also a Seasonal Affective Diet, if I may say. People with
>"Leaky Cell" who shouldn't be eating turkey with its tryptophan.
>People who shouldn't be eating holiday sugar and chocolates.
>>But there are other factors that can make a person funky in the
>winter. If there are environmental toxins, a closed house can
>aggravate this. Check the furnace to see if there is a Carbon Monoxide
>leak. Make sure the furnace is venting properly and not back-drafting
>with the counter sucking of a clothes dryer, for example. It is
>important to use a good quality pleated furnace filter so junk doesn't
>get recirculated. If it is a forced air furnace with an in-line
>humidifier, there could be a lot of mold in the ductwork. Cut the duct
>humidifier and clean the ducts, and use a cheap free-standing tank
>humidifier if needed.
Normally if there is a Carbon Monoxide leak in a furnace it will set
off your smoke alarm. Most home owners will never be able to recognize
a leak and should have it inspected by a technician if they are in
doubt. Same with gas operated clothes driers.
Gas stoves release all their exhaust into the home. This can be
somewhat negated by the constant use of the hood fan when cooking.
As to venting the same would hold true with a fire place, wood burning
>And a common source of mold toxins is the defroster pan under the
>fridge. Dig it out and scrub it up well with bleach. If mold
>sensitivity is suspected, take a little Caprylic Acid to whack back
>endemic levels of Candida or other yeast in the body to ease
>sensitivity, and up the intake of Vitamin C. And stay hydrated, of
Ever see black stuff on plastic in the fridge? That is mold. Use of
plastics in the refrigerator increases the chances of mold. Plastic,
light, and moisture breed mold and algae.
Porcelain refrigerators negate most of the causes if kept clean.
Baking soda (a small box, opened) will help keep the fridge fresh if
>Inactivity in the winter can cause the levels of Cortisol to stay too
>high. This unpleasant prostaglandin needs to be burned off with a
>little exercise every day. And don't forget to supplement with the
>sunshine vitamin and it's buddies: Vitamin D, A, and Calcium.
Inactivity also helps one get fat. A common cause of lethargy. (lack
of exercise) exercise well, diet right, die anyhow.
>I would not use a negative ion generator as virtually all of them on
>the market create ozone which scalds lung tissue and can aggravate
>heart patients. Not a nice thing. nordskoven at yahoo.com
Anything electrical will produce ozone.
This includes but not limited to:
Electronic Air Filters
Non battery operated vibrators
Electrically operated exercise machines
So on and so forth.
Generally speaking the higher the amperage the higher the amount of
ozone. In the case of electronic air filters, blower motors, etc. the
will introduce the ozone directly into the air stream.
Negative ion generators produce very little ozone when comparing them
to these other products. Typically they only consume less electricity
than a night light.
When you buy a new monitor that smell you recognize when first burning
it in is ozone, at that point it is very high, so it is with most
electronics. It never actually stops producing it, and when they
operate in an environment that is warmer than normal you will smell
(usually) the increase in ozone.
Bottom line, do your part to diminish the ozone hole, use electronics,
and motors. :)