IUBio

Zwicker effect

TonyJeffs tonyjeffs at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 13:30:47 EST 2003

r norman <rsnorman_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message news:<u2nmdvs5dsfkjfd6bkqi5e8g4qk066r0mf at 4ax.com>...
>   Not to mention the constant tinnitus that
> prevents me from recognizing a faint high frequency tone!

Small world!!!
My ageing tinnitus website is at www.tonyjeffs.com/tinnitus

I was never a hi-fi buff, but wonder whether the output amp in my
Soundblaster and cheap speakers can retain that 60dB/octave. I think
maybe it might require top-of the range domestic audio equipment to
achieve. I don't know though.  I found a shareware program, Saccara,
at http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Saccara/
(< 1 minute download)

It can produce white noise, pink noise, high, low and bandpass, but
has no graphical display, so it's difficult to know exactly what is
happening.

Tony