IUBio

question about activated channels

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 10 20:30:20 EST 2003

news:Xns9397793D0D254BilZ0rhotmailcom at 202.20.93.13...
| @bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
|

| > The difference is important because it's
| > important to see the overall Continuity,
| > which is in the "in-between" stuff.
| >

| Well of course theres an inbetween state,
| the question is, does it have any function
| activity. There most peopple would say no,
| I'm guessing you would say yes?

I say, "Never guess", but you lucked-out :-]

When I said, "the overall Continuity, which
is in the 'in-between' stuff", I was emphasiz-
ing that the overall ionic conductance within
the brain, in its mocroscopic flowing is
continuously-tuned in a way that's depend-
ent on the actuality of the 'in-between' stuff,
but, of course, so is it dependent upon 100%
of the ionic-gate repetoir.

I've discussed the essence of this view
repeatedly in the past, in particular, with
respect to intermediate-term 'tuning' via
ionic distributions which involve glia
conductances, with respect to which glial
contractile motility [Cited in AoK] actually
'adjusts' the microscopic structure of the
neural Topology - sort of like a Wonder-
ously-functional 'active-hydraulics sponge'.

This literally 'adjusts' synaptic relationships
so that the neural Topology can be 'tuned'
with respect to whole 'classes' of 'memories'.

These are the dynamics that I associate
with instances of this or that being 'on the
tip of one's tongue', but which cannot be
recalled until some 'time' later.

During the intervening 'time' the dynamics,
above, are unfolding - under the ionic-
conductance 'pressure' that the initial
brain-'sprain' :-]  - the TD E/I(up) that 'not
being able to remember' this or that in-
stantiated within the "supersystem" [and
which usually has easily-observed 'body-
language' correlations].

As the TD E/I(up) is "whittled" by the TD E/I-
minimization mechanisms, the ionic conduct-
ances are such that the glial 'hydraulics'
occur as above, and when this has proceded
sufficiently, one "remembers" that which was,
formerly 'out of reach' - 'on the tip of one's
tongue'.

These dynamics have Wonderous advantages
with respect to 'memory' classification, which is
important within selective-attention [prevents
inadvertant 'cross-talk' which would manifest as
'nonsense' behavior'] and economy-of-storage.

With respect to the latter, these dynamics multi-
plex available synaptic functionality, and, thereby
greatly-expand overall 'memory' capacity, which,
as far as I've been able to discern, is 'infinite' [I've
found no 'limit' in my own experience. I keep
cramming stuff in-there, expecting to detect a
limit, but the only thing I detect is an inverse thing -
the more I cram in-there, the capacity seems to
'expand' even more - FWIW].

So, with respect to your query, the 'in-between'
stuff [including the refractory periods that Kim
discussed] 'carries' the overall Continuous ionic
flow through all this, entering into the fine-tuning of
the glial 'hydraulics'.

If the Continuity is lost, to the degree that it is, the
"supersystm's" functionality decreases - the
fine-tuning capabilities deteriorate commensur-
ately - which is probably some of what underpins
the 'memory' deficits that accrue with aging [which
needs to be Explored experimentally because
there might be something that Medicine can do
to help-out.]

'Course, none of what's here is comprehensible
to folks who don't have a good grasp on NDT's
fundamentals, but I Hope there are some who'll
read this that do, and who'll be able to Compre-
hend what's discussed here. It's in the "90%" that
I'm always 'whining' about still needing to be
discussed. I've 'refrained' with respect to such
because it 'runs' a bit ahead of what's in the
Literature, and, although I want to discuss it, I've
refrained be-cause folks tend to 'fly off the
handle', and I've wanted not to 'jeopardize' NDT's
Fundamental stuff, which most folks are still
'glomming-on-to.]

So, to the original poster, this's why I said, "do not
quote it"  - especially not on an Exam :-]

NDT goes-on-forever like this.

K. P. Collins