IUBio

German paper Die Welt covers microwave harassment!

Randomruminations j29cm550mn7 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:41:17 EST 2003

The reason the Soviets were beaming microwave energy at the embassy in
Moscow was to provide power for the numerous listening devices that were
embedded into the building during construction. It has long been known that
microwave energy is the preferred method of wirelessly transmitting power.
Not only can the beam be easily focused, but the receiving antenna is small
and most efficient.

These listening devices consisted of a microphone, a small RF transmitter
and a power supply driven by the incident microwave energy. They were
cutting edge technology and difficult to detect, at the time, due to the
complete lack of external wiring and the less than adequate bug sweeping
equipment that was available. Nowadays, of course, they would be easy
pickens for just about any bug sweeper worth his or her salt.

I am sure Soviets would have loved the "harassment" bonus from this
technique, if it were a practical reality, but it wasn't. The microwave
sources of the time were crude devices by today's standards. The most common
physiological effects of getting to close to the antenna were RF burns.

 There is, however, such a thing as a "pain ray"
http://www.rense.com/general10/pentagonray.htm, but it has only recently
been developed. Operating at 95 GHz it is, no doubt, greatly attenuated by
walls or other solid objects. Not much good for harassing people inside
buildings.

If you are really worried about RF consider that the human body is resonate
at about 70 MHz- that would be around channel 4 or 5 of the television
broadcast band- and they transmit about 50,000

news:bdbbij$ddp$2 at slb6.atl.mindspring.net...