pseudo-solid Water [was Re: The Black-Body Power Spectrum [___]]

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 11 08:17:45 EST 2003

One important(?) comment added, below.

news:sFMhb.176068$3o3.13046813 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| If 'you' can't see this with 'your' own mower,
| perhaps that's because I altered the balance
| of my mower's blade when I sharpened it, re-
| sulting in my mower's deck vibrating just-right
| to produce the 'water-oscillon' phenomenon.
|
| It's Replicable on my machine. [I went back
| to observe it again, and there it was, although,
| interestingly, it was a bit less robust in the 2nd
| trial - probably because, since I'd thoroughly-
| cleaned the mower, the deck's drain-hole was
| completely-unblocked. When I initially observed
| the phenomenon, there was debris, left over
| from mowing Dad's lawn, still partially-blocking
| this drain-hole - which probably means that the
| flow through this drain-hole is part of the over-
| all tuning dynamics.]
| [...]

It's Hilarious - the flow through the debris-restricted
drain-hole varies as a function of the water pressure
which, itself, varies as water goes through the drain-
hole.

With respect to the water-'oscillons' that I observed,
this's a rather-fine analogue of WDB2T's net role
in the SSW<->UES harmonics :-]

Amazing, amazing, amazing - this little lawn-mower
water-'oscillon'-generating 'system'.

The amount of debris restricting the water's flow
through the drain-hole after cutting Dad's lawn
must've been just the right amount to produce the
=SPECTACULAR= water-'oscillon' phenomenon
Robustly.

Amazing, amazing, amazing.

It's the 'universe' in a lawn-mower :-]

kpc [K. P. Collins]