pseudo-solid Water [was Re: The Black-Body Power Spectrum [___]]

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 12 19:53:38 EST 2003

Whoops!

CORRECTION below.

news:ZpThb.172235$0v4.13178731 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

news:sFMhb.176068$3o3.13046813 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | If 'you' can't see this with 'your' own mower,
| | perhaps that's because I altered the balance
| | of my mower's blade when I sharpened it, re-
| | sulting in my mower's deck vibrating just-right
| | to produce the 'water-oscillon' phenomenon.
| | [...]

The mower was at full-power, but the blade was
disengaged.

So, if I altered the balance of the blade when I
sharpened it [I tested the balance, but only 'cas-
ually'], that could only enter into the water's
pseudo-freezing by impacting the mower's
harmonics in an asymmetrical-damping way -
a small effect at most.

I do routinely wash the mower after using it [it's
more-valuable than my car :-], and I've never
noticed the phenomenon I'm discussing before
I sharpened the blade.

I can't say, however, that it wasn't there before
that. Perhaps it was there, but I just didn't
notice it.

I was in a linger-there 'mood' when I noticed it
the other day - 'taking one last breath' of the
Home in which I grew-up.

Maybe that's why I observed it then.

Anyway, the phenomenon is replicable [using
my mower, at least].

One more thing - the mower was on a very-
sleight inclination [downward on the drain-
hole side].

Note on the mower-deck's Geometry: The
important characteristic is the bottom-half
of a horizontally-oriented torus [a 'doughnut'
or 'bagel']. This 'circular' though is what I
formerly referred to as a "convex `lens`".
It's a toroidal-convex 'lens'.

ken