Hypnosis swings into mainstream of medicine

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 15 10:11:59 EST 2003

"Peter F" <fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:AJcjb.251$Hp4.11434 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...

| "Allen L. Barker" <alb at datafilter.com> wrote in message
| news:793jb.4253$kx.333 at newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
| >

| > [Here is a news article on hypnosis and its applications in
| > medicine.  No one knows how it works or what sort of state it
| > really is, but they do know that it does work in many situations.
|
| Pity my nickname isn't something like "no_one" becasue then this
your
| statement would have been approximately correct. ;-)
|
| Let's see if and what Ken has to say about the naturally selective
causes
| and the neurochemistries behind the mind-controling capacity of
"Mr.
| Mandrake" (if I remember 'him' right?)!

I've nothing to say, except to tell
a story that's a little-bit funny.

I was at a mall in West Hartford,
Connecticut - on one of my need-
to-be-with-people-in-the-midst-of-
the-storm outings.

There was a hypnotist there that
day - putting on a show.

I was curious so I got right up there
- standing in the first row.

He selected some subjects from
the audience, and when he selected
me, I told him that he'd not be able to
'hypnotize' me.

He persisted [and persisted], so I re-
lented.

He did his stuff on the group, only
to grow 'angry' with me when he
couldn't 'hypnotize' me.

He sent me, unceremoniously, off
the stage :-]

It's all I know about 'hypnotism'.

I Know a lot about Free Will, though :-]

Cheers, Peter, ken