Food for Thought

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 25 10:41:13 EST 2003

"Treating a Troubled World With a Dose of Star Power
By ELVIS MITCHELL

Published: October 24, 2003"

http://movies2.nytimes.com/2003/10/24/movies/24BORD.html?8dpc

"Trapped Miners Being Rescued in Russia
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: October 25, 2003

Filed at 9:40 a.m. ET"

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Russia-Mine-Accident.html

"Teenager Slain at Playground He Called Too Dangerous
By MICHAEL WILSON and HOWARD O. STIER

Published: October 25, 2003"

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/25/nyregion/25SLAY.html

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"Last year, Kamal Singh, a Bronx teenager and a leader of his Norwood neighborhood's youth group, stood before a board of community advocates and said his playground was too dangerous. Yesterday, he was shot and killed there."

"C.I.A. Disputes Accusations That Its Prewar Conclusions on Iraq Arms Were Flawed
By DOUGLAS JEHL

Published: October 25, 2003"

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/25/international/middleeast/25INTE.html

You know, sometimes, what needs to be done is just Hard, and folks 'blindly' and automatically 'move away from'.

I've got to rake the leaves today, but I'm going to make a point of working seeing the Movie into my budget, even though it received this scaithing review.

While viewing the flick, I'll remember Kamal, and all those who Suffer at the hands of "man's inhumanity to man", in all Nations, everywhere, and I'll 'move toward' their crying-out, letting it course right-through me. And I'll Cheer for those who, despite the fact that it's Hard, still work toward getting the point across to folks who tend to 'move away from'.

Sometimes, what needs to be done is just Hard.

Consider folks' efforts through that 'lens', seeing what's in 'hearts', while understanding that it's Hard to Choose not to 'move away from'.

It's what will make a difference, not bullets and bombs.

k. p. collins

--
Sorry, be-cause of a malicious attack,
I've had to instruct my ISP to block all