Plagerism

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 30 11:18:45 EST 2003

Oh yeah, in my discussion of the NL-P a few
weeks back, I paraphrased a 'definition' from
=Schaum's Outline Series Theory and
Problems of Mechanical Vibrations=,
by W. W. Seto, McGraw-Hill, 1964, p. 156
[the bottom paragraph], with respect to
'nonlinear restoring force", without crediting
the source.

I've rewritten the underpinning Maths, in it's
=entirety=. No "eliptical functions" are
required :-]

Is it Plagerism to look for a phrase that folks
will be 'familiar' with, while seeking to convey
Newness? And must one "credit" such usage
even though one is rejecting that to which it
refers?

I do a =lot= of this, refraining be-cause I don't
want to 'embarass' folks by taking-up specific
discussions of Errors in Published work.

It's not been my purpose to 'dwell on Errors'.

My Purpose has been to just set-things-straight.

My concern is with the Death and Destruction
that afflicts Humanity, and I'll continue to address
such in any way that I Choose, refraining, as best
I can, from 'embarassing' folks.

[BTW, the present case - which addresses an
"outline" of accepted theory - is not anything
'embarassing'. An "outline" just "outlines" an
existing discipline. Can't 'embarass' itself un-
less it misrepresents the discipline.]

Anyway, I've been wanting to fix this omission
ever since I fixed what I referred to as a "typo"
in my original post. To do so, I had to refer to
the text, and, because I did so, I should've
provided a ref.

K. P. Collins

news:Hhaob.199844$0v4.15564912 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...