IUBio

the liver and the brain

ZZBunker zzbunker at netscape.net
Fri Sep 3 14:11:39 EST 2004

rscanlon at nycap.rr.com (ray scanlon) wrote in message news:<363d693e.0409021806.4347802e at posting.google.com>...
> r norman writes:
>
> > ray Scanlon writes:
> >
> > >The motor program generators are established in the developing nervous
> > >system by the DNA. When triggered, they produce motor activity. We
> > >ask, "How are they triggered?"
> > >
> > >The sensory neurons transduce the energy of the universe as it arrives
> > >at the body surface. They also transduce energy from the internal
> > >condition of the body. The resultant signal energy filters through the
> > >interneurons and, when it summates at a given motor program generator,
> > >it triggers the generator.
>
> > This is about the most simplistic explanation of behavior that I have
> > ever heard.
>
> Simple, not simplistic. Please.
>
> I know that it is difficult for a man, who has spent his lifetime cataloguing
> trees, to listen when he is told that he is surrounded by a forest.
> Nevertheless, that's the way it is.

  EVERYBODY agrees, that's the way it is, with
  *Neuro-science, and Walter Cronkite*.

  What the higher forms of intelligence on Earth
  are trying to establish with the dolts in
  Bionet, and AI though, is that that's
  NOT the way it is EVERYWHERE.

  It's only that way in *mircro-biology* classrooms.
  It's NOT that way in *Chemistry*.
  It's NOT that way in *Biology*.
  It's NOT that way in *Math*.
  It's NOT that way in *Computers*.
  It's only that way in
  *Einstein's moldy brain*, and *QM-syncopated* Psychologists.