IUBio

the liver and the brain

dan michaels feedbackdroids at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 12:07:29 EST 2004

lesterDELzick at worldnet.att.net (Lester Zick) wrote in message news:<4139fb98.7723593 at netnews.att.net>...

> I suspect the real problem with respect to analysis of the human brain
> is that we are up against the last organ where we could expect to find
> causative significance for the soul. So whether or not we choose to
> assign causative significance for the soul with respect to behavior,
> we are nonetheless at a threshold with respect to any mechanical
> explanation for those peculiarly human behavioral characteristics.

As mentioned in the other post, this line of argumentation is endemic
to classical "lineal" thinking, which is what, it appears, the vast
battalions of opposing philosophers who have ever lived have been
engaged in. In effect, two more or less straight "arrows" converge
from *opposite* directions and a fight ensues. Modern thinking
requires adding recursion/recurrency [as in context] to the mix.