IUBio

the liver and the brain

ZZBunker zzbunker at netscape.net
Sun Sep 5 17:47:22 EST 2004

r norman <rsn_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message news:<u54mj0pphl6e0jjthgal1dhoikatgtlkdn at 4ax.com>...
> On 4 Sep 2004 21:30:07 -0700, zzbunker at netscape.net (ZZBunker) wrote:
>
> >r norman <rsn_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message news:<jl6kj0pi5apfrnatkct6r6te8a0b34t83r at 4ax.com>...

> >> Check out
> >>   http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/MATHMPG.html
> >
> >   But, you should also check that *Genes* are Biology.
> >   *Genetics* is NOT Biology.
> >
> >   That's was proven not by Neuro-know-nothings,
> >   but by *Louis Pasteur*.
>
> I will be sure to relay this information to my students in my
> Introductory Biology class as we go through several weeks of genetics
> and population genetics as well as to my colleague in the biology
> department who teaches population genetics, a course that has a
> calculus prerequisite.

  Of course it has a Calculus prerequiste. That's
  follows quite naturally from the evolutionary
  observation that Pasteur has both Calculus
  prerequistes, infintesimal particles, reading glasses,
  and meter-miles, thanks to Newton, not God.

  That still doesn't change the fact that genetics
  is so orthongal to biology, that is it's not
  off-limits to Biologists, it's also off-limits
  to the extremely-weird, like students.