Why is there such a lack of interest in neuroscience?

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 13 01:25:13 EST 2005

news:MV8Fd.229$X15.6597 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...

news:iPHEd.14971$c13.5959 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| > "Peter F" <fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
| > news:Ak8Ed.498$Sa7.25034 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| > |
| > | "Sir Frederick" <mmcneill at fuzzysys.com> wrote in message
| > news:h881u05dsdr1t7datmtmpchl9n12u1u86n at 4ax.com...

| > |
| > | One reason could be that it is so because the great majority of scientifically
| > | interested people have an uneasy premonition - whether they are aware of
| > | it or not - that if they poke around too much with the workings of 'mind'
| > | they won't like what might not like they might find.
| >
| > :-]
| >
| > | Or, to put it more bluntly, and with a certain 'extended primal theoretical'
| > | bias:
| > |
| > | What their own "_not_ cognitively aware consciousness conveys" (to
| > | this majority of menschen) is that if they study the brain (implicitly their
| > | own) they will encounter the unsettling fact (that tend to undermine
| > | certain hopes and illusions) that it stores, and incorporates mechanisms
| > | for "AEVASIVE (my jargon) handling of,  "primal pain" (Janov's jargon).
| > |
| > | Peter
| >
| > There's a hint of an energy-flow,
| > inside me, that I interpret as "in-
| > dicating" that I'm finally beginning
| > to get what you've been saying
| > all along, Peter.
| >
| > I'm Grateful for the Work you
| > do.
|
| Ken,
| I wish only the best of places,
| and goodest of outcomes, for where this
| your energy-flow will, I can only hope, allow you to go.
|
| Yours sincerely,
|
| Peter

"Actention", "AEVASIVE", "CURSES",
etc., and "'blindly'-automated TD E/I-
minimization", same-old, same-old(?)

The other 'day', I realized that I'm living
in a 'year' of symmetry.

I started formally developing NDT in
September, 1971, when I was 24, but
I'd been "working on it" all of my Life
before then.

It took me 9 'years' to survey the en-
tirety of the then existing Neuroscience
experimental results. Then, in the weeks-
long sustained TD E/I-minimization that's
written about in AoK, Ap7, "Zwwwiiip",
it all just imploded to unity during the
summer of 1980.

24 'years' ago.

24-9-24.

In 'years', it's "come full circle", but I
still feel like the Kid who Promised that,
"one day, I'm going to do something to
make the world a better place for its
children".

"One 'day'", I will :-]