IUBio

[Neuroscience] Re: Question for a neurosurgeon

Andrew T. Austin andrewaustin at 23nlpeople.com
Tue Jan 10 00:33:17 EST 2006

"BeardIron" <noemail at anywhere.123> wrote in message
news:84ed8$43c16d64$43888dc7$18078 at DIALUPUSA.NET...
> Hello Dr. ;
> A non-religious question from an atheistic soul.
>
> I am aware that brain surgeons will take
> the opportunity to probe with electrical
> stimulation the brain of a person being
> operated on to determine exactly what
><<<snippage>>>

I reccomend two books that are both  readable and entertaining for the
layman that will help answer your questions:

"Phantoms in the Brain" by V.S Ramachandran

"Brain and Behaviour" by Campbell and Singer

In paperback, not-expensive.

Regards,

Andrew Austin
alive in Chichester, West Sussex