IUBio

[Neuroscience] Re: Looking for online or ebook neuroscience dictionaries or encyclopedias

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 08:09:13 EST 2006

<mimo_545 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1152535005.619050.231500 at h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

> Glen M. Sizemore wrote:
>
>>A better question than the one you asked is "Does the metaphorical
>>world of cognitive "science" have anything to offer neuroscience?
>>I mean a neuroscience that might actually one day be able to say
>>how physiology mediates behavioral function?"
>
> and what about the metaphors used in behavioural science Glenn?
> in what manner do they function in cognitive and behavioural
> sciences as means to describe physiology and in neuroscience?

I'm not sure which "metaphors" you are talking about. But the role of
behavior analysis and behaviorism is to outline just what it is that is
supposed to be explained by neuroscience. Without it, the case is a little
bit like looking for the "soul" in an animal's physiology.

> Alrighty, I'm nearly convinced,
> "A man is a complex chicken, man is a complex chicken,
> man is a complex chicken, women lay eggs, women lay eggs"
> Yup!, gotcha now,
>
> cluck!

It doesn't seem like you "got" anything other than misinformation and a big
mouth.