IUBio

[Neuroscience] Re: Looking for online or ebook neurosciencedictionaries or encyclopedias

borg at swirve.com borg at swirve.com
Fri Jul 14 18:18:37 EST 2006

konstantin kouzovnikov wrote:
> I am sure Adrian is sitting down there and thinks: well, boy, I simply asked
> these guys a question where to get bloody information, but look... this is
> what happened! See. Adrian, it's good that you have heard it all. One day
> it's going to work for yah.

hahaha yep,  I was just looking for a good online reference to load
onto my notebook for quick searches while studying, and suddenly I'm in
the middle of a debate with comments about Stalin and gulags, Chomsky
and Skinner.

Regarding the competing philosophical viewpoints, I can't understand
how anyone at this time in the 21st century would even seriously
attempt to understand and explain the behavioral properties of
something as complex as the human brain without investigating its
structural and biophysical aspects and emergent / dynamic properties.
Focusing exclusively on external behavior seems too much like
philisophical masterbation, but I guess there was no real alternative
until the last several decades, so people did the best they could given
the primitive technologies of the time.

Well, I guess I'm stuck with lugging around gigantic reference books
for the time being.  Still looking for a more efficient solution.

Cheers all!
Adrian.