IUBio

[Neuroscience] Re: Looking for online or ebookneurosciencedictionaries or encyclopedias

konstantin kouzovnikov myukhome at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 15 09:26:10 EST 2006

Adrian: I think you did yourself a very good favor as your decision is
exactly what other fresh students did. Let me just add this: if you belong
to tribe, check out both what a tribe (your faculty) likes as well as what
they do not, then read both. The other one is about what I already said
before: there was a major shift towards what they call "cognitive
neuroscience of emotion". A book to keep in mind is of Nadel and Lange which
has exactly the same title, if you haven't got one already. In that sense
I'd search for several major labs also active in this ever evolving field.

One of them at Cambridge's MRC-CBU lab

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/people.php

Check also UCL's  (University College London) labs: tons and tons of funky
stuff.

Then I'd closely check out almost everything that is coming from Australian
labs as these guys managed to get together a impressive program of
comprehensive research.

The other trick to research a particular field is through getting some
"central" to the field publication and, through your university based data
bases access, check out the papers which sited this specific paper. Slowly,
but surly you will acquire a relatively representative body of publications.
Typing the term "a review" in each area of your interest would be another
trick. Getting to the key annual conferences would be a major opportunity to
ask every expert an advice (names? Papers? Approaches?); so, there is no
speedy solution.. However, it looks like you already picked this one up by
yourself..

Good luck.

KK