Does anyone know how to to do extracellular recordings with simple glas
micropipettes (~patch electrodes)? I found this kind of data in a
number of papers but I am not sure how to adopt this procedure
I would be grateful if somebody could help me out with the following
1. What properties should the electrode have (compared to a
conventional patch electrode e.g. resistance, shape, filling etc.)?
2. Do I have to use a different headstage?
3. Can I use my usual patch amplifier (Axoclamp 2B)?
4. Should I use specific filters (usually I only use the 10 kHz filter
of the amp)
5. Where to place the electrode (deep in the tissue or superficial)?
Any further advice is appreciated!