IUBio

[Neuroscience] A hypothesis (Re: Can a single neuron release multiple neurotransmitters?)

Entertained by my own EIMC via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by write_eimc At ozemail.com.au)
Wed Jan 3 00:54:44 EST 2007

I *hypothesize* (or speculate) the existence (or is it already known?) of
neurons that release one type of transmitter when firing for a relatively
short time but a different transmitter after a while when firing
persistently for a relatively long time (or perhaps that after a while of
persistent firing release 'the last' transmitter at a higher ration to 'the
first').

Please confirm or debunk as appropriate!