[Neuroscience] EPSP slope

SJM Guzman via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by jose.guzman from medizin.uni-leipzig.de)
Mon Jan 7 09:44:12 EST 2008

Hello All
I am trying to calculate the EPSP slope in the 2 ms period from the EPSP
onset. This value is known to give a measure of the synaptic strength,
because it contains only the monosynaptic component of the EPSP.

My question is why is the monosynaptic component related with the synaptic
strength (i.e. up/down-regulations of receptors).

On the other hand, given the kinetics of the EPSP, wouldn't it be more
correct to fit the initial component of the EPSP with a monoexponential
function and obtain the exponential coefficient as a mesure of the initial
EPSP component?

Thank you very much in advance!

Bye
SJM Guzman <jose.guzman(at)medizin.uni-leipzig.de> Mon, 07 Jan 2008 07:35:
27 +0100