(apologies for cross-postings)
CALL FOR PAPERS
2nd UK POSTGRADUATE Conference in COGNITIVE LINGUISTICS
University of Brighton, 8th of August, 2008, Brighton, UK
Affiliated with the Conference on Language, Communication and
Cognition, running the
4th – 7th of August, 2008. (www.languageandcognition.net for details.)
The 2nd UK Postgraduate Conference in Cognitive Linguistics provides a
forum for postgraduate students working within Cognitive Linguistics,
language and cognition, and related areas of research to share and
discuss their individual research, current methodologies and
frameworks, and future directions of study.
Empirical, theoretical, methodological abstracts relating to the
following topics are welcome:
- Language and communication
- Language and cognition
- Grammar and conceptualisation
- Knowledge structure
- Applied cognitive linguistics
- Cognitive semantics
- Related areas of research
Dr Ewa Dąbrowska, University of Sheffield, England, Vice President of
the UK Cognitive Linguistics Association, Editor of Cognitive
Prof Vyvyan Evans, University of Brighton, England, President of the
UK Cognitive Linguistics Association.
Dr Daniel Casasanto, Stanford University, USA. Editor of Language and
Cognition, an interdisciplinary journal of language and cognitive
science (2009 launch).
Submission of abstracts
Submissions are solicited for the three parallel sessions and the
- Abstracts should not exceed 500 words–references are excluded from
- Abstracts should clearly indicate a presentation title.
- Abstracts should be anonymous for purposes of blind review.
- Abstracts should be formatted as Word, RTF or PDF documents.
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically to UKPGCCL from gmail.com.
- Please include the following information in the body of your email:
title and name of author(s)
email address for correspondence
preference for presentation or poster session.
Please state in the subject line of your email that this is an
abstract submission, i.e., “Abstract Submission: Name(s)”
ABSTRACT DEADLINE: 2nd of April, 2008
For full details please consult the conference website:http://www.languageandcognition.net/pgccl
The conference is organised by Andrea Morgado De Matos and Kyle Jasmin.
The conference email address is UKPGCCL from gmail.com
Web details are available at: www.languageandcognition.net/pgccl