IUBio

[Neuroscience] Izhikevich's Large Scale Mammalian Thalamocrotical model

Fredo via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by fredo from hotmail.com)
Mon Sep 29 09:57:28 EST 2008

I'm trying to implement something like Eugene Izhikevich's model described
in "A Large-Scale Model of Mammalian Thalamocortical Systems", but I've run
into an issue I can't quite figure out.

>From the Supporting Information:
http://vesicle.nsi.edu/users/izhikevich/publications/large-scale_model_of_human_brain_support.pdf

On page 8, he describes the current used in the equation on page 7 as:
I(t) = -Idendr - Isyn

Then below, he provides the equation for calculating Idendr per compartment.

He says in the text that the somatic and terminal dendritic compartments all
have a value of 0 of Idendr.

So my question is, in I(t) = -Idendr - Isyn

What is Idendr? Is it the sum of Idendr for the compartments attached to the
somatic compartment? The sum of all Idendr for all compartments? or
something else?

Does anyone know?

Thanks