[Neuroscience] Re: SSRIs bind to post-synaptic 5-HT receptors and function as competitive antagonists?

Glen M. Sizemore via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by gmsizemore2 from yahoo.com)
Fri Jan 9 05:21:04 EST 2009

"John Hasenkam" <johnh from goawayplease.com> wrote in message
news:-f-dnT--Crq0jPvUnZ2dnUVZ8tPinZ2d from westnet.com.au...
> Hey Glen,
>
> Would you mind posting your provisional answer? Depression is a hobby
> horse of mine and given recent controversy over just how SSRIs do what
> they do I'm interested.
>
> Trust the musical marvel is doing well.
>

> John.

Hi John,
I am trying to get to the bottom of this alleged binding of some SSRIs to
the 5-HT2c receptor - I may have spoken too soon! I'll get back to you on
this. I am going to have to become educated on this topic since I am going
to be involved in the pre-clinical anti-depressant business. What are you
referring to when you talk about the "recent controversy"?

Yes, Mike is doing well - he's become sort of good on the sax (just a hobby
though). He went to see Perlman the other night - he was supposed to get to
meet him before the performance, but Perlman was not up to meeting people.
Mike spends a lot of time watching Perlman and old tapes of Heifetz - that's
in between times when he is teaching himself to play drums along with an old
Little Feat LP we have.

Hope you are well.

Regards,
Glen